Thursday, October 16, 2008

Early Voting Began Today in North Carolina

Early voting, also known as One-Stop Voting, began in North Carolina today, 16 October 2008. You can go to any of a number of sites in your home county to vote from today until 1 November 2008. If you have not yet registered to vote, you can also register and vote in a single stop. If you choose to wait for Election Day on 4 November 2008, you will have to go to your regular precinct to vote.

It is really convenient to vote early at the site and time of one's choice for the next 2 weeks or so. I also find it nice to know that my vote has already been counted and that there were no last minute irregularities with my registration that might have prevented or made it more difficult for me to vote. I urge each of you to consider voting during the early voting period.

Categories:

2 Comments:

Blogger GT said...

I WISH I could vote and help you guys out!

10/28/2008 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Paul D. said...

Ron,

A lot of my students are planning on voting early. I like to vote on election day. I know it is a pain to stand in line and cast that ballot in the box (we don't have electronic ballots here) but for me that is part of the ritual!

Don't think Obama will take Kansas but it sure oks good for NC!

10/30/2008 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>