Friday, November 23, 2007

Union High School Coach Nathan H. Gay, Sr.

My high school basketball coach passed away this week after suffering a stroke. Mr. Nathan H. Gay, Sr. was a wonderful man and a champion. He gave me my love of basketball and a desire to win in all things. He was always a friend of my family and an inspiration to kids throughout Sampson County. An article about his life and death is featured in the Fayetteville Observer. You can read his obituary here and you can leave a note of condolence for review by the editorial staff.

Categories:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz,
I have been so upset about the sudden death of Mr Gay. I just can't stop thinking about it. What a great man - I loved him so much when I was in school there, because he was always so cheerful and happy and just a pleasant guy to be around. I was never coached by him, but he taught our PE classes and he taught me how to drive a car! My heart goes out to his family. His wife was my favorite teacher at Union - hands down. Both wonderful, wonderful people. So sad. Thanks for blogging about it...Brooke

11/28/2007 03:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>