Friday, November 16, 2007

A Timely Short-film from an Iranian Director

The following short-film video, Tricko (T-Shirt) from director Martin Fazeli was sent to me by a fellow poet, another expatriate Iranian, Sheema Kalbasi. This is a provocative film that leads us to consider the things that bring us together and the things that drive us apart. Please be sure to watch the film to the end as there is a bit of a twist.

As we hear more and more saber-rattling from Fox News and the Bush Administration, it concerns me that we will find ourselves facing yet another conflict in the Middle East. I find myself with mixed feelings about Iran. The country is very much in the news for pursuing nuclear technology as well as for its human rights abuses of gay and lesbian citizens, religious minorities and intellectuals. However, I am not an advocate of war as a solution. I pray that my government will find a way to prevent more bloodshed. I pray that diplomacy will prevail and that a secular state can be achieved by the Iranian people for the sake of humanity. This film can be seen as support for the need for dialog. When we put our ideals ahead of communication, we often see conflict that harms someone. Perhaps it is time for peace instead. Please, watch the film and let me know what you think.



Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

thank you for sharing this ron. i posted a link on queer deviations. hopefully you'll get a hit or two.

11/18/2007 09:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>