Wednesday, June 06, 2007

For my dear friend Florence--Cancer survivor/fighter

The following letter arrived from my friend Florence Ferreira. I have known Florence since 1979 and we have struggled together during our respective illnesses. I am happy to try to help her in this cause.

If you need another tax deduction this year, please consider making a donation to her friend, Janice, for her 3-day walk efforts.

Peace to you all!

Ron


Dear friends and relatives,

These last years, you have increasingly blessed me with expressions of love and caring, each one in your own way and capacity. Besides contributing immensely to my physical wellbeing, you have truly taught me the value of compassion and unity. Not only do I feel healthier every day, but I also became a better human being thanks to your example, and I will be ever grateful for it.

Last October, my dear friend Janice did a 3-day walk to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research in my honor. Thanks to your generosity it was a huge success—as well as a life-transforming experience—which motivated her to do it again this year. Please read her beautiful message below, which also carries instructions to make a new donation.

With my gratitude and love,

Florence


Dear Friends:

As many of you may remember, last year I, together with my team "Bosom Buddies of Boca" undertook and completed the Tampa Bay Breast Cancer 3-day 60-mile walk. It was one of the most heart-warming, uplifting and emotional experiences of my life. Together we raised in excess of $14,000 for this cause.

Even though all four of us initially vowed it was a "once-in-a-life-time" adventure for a great cause which we were excited to do, we were all so moved by it, that we plan to participate again in the 2007 November Arizona Breast Cancer 3-day walk (also 60 miles).

For those of you who are unfamiliar with what this very special commitment entails, this 60-mile walk over 3 days (20 miles per day), will be much more than "just a walk" - it will be raising money to support the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

My personal motivation for participating in this event is two-fold:

  • My 46 year old very dear friend for the past 11 years, Florence Ferreira, continues to courageously fight breast cancer, as she has for the past 6 years. I want you to know that she is a wonderful, strong-spirited and positive individual, who is determined to fight, AND WIN, her battle with cancer. It is my privilege to walk in her honor. I appeal to you first and foremost, to pray for her speedy recovery.

  • This year, I will also be walking in honor or in memory of, any of your loved ones who have been affected by this dreaded disease.


I have committed to raising a minimum of $2,200 to participate in this walk. I'm asking you to make a commitment too. Your part is easy! I will be doing all the walking.......all you need to do.... is please consider making a fully tax-deductible donation, to help me achieve this goal. This donation can either be made in Florence's name, or in the name(s) of any of your loved ones.

There are 3 easy ways in which this can be done:

ONLINE DONATION:



  • Go to http://www.the3day.org and follow these simple instructions:

  • Click "DONATE" on the menu bar near the TOP of the screen

  • Then click ARIZONA (that is where I will be walking) on the menu on the LEFT-side of the screen

  • Enter JANICE ODESNIK where it asks for participant and click the SEARCH button.

  • Scroll down the next screen until you see my name displayed.

  • Click on my name which will take you to my homepage, where your online donation can be made.


DONATION BY PHONE:



If you would prefer to make your donation by phone, you can call (800) 996-3DAY
(please tell them my name(Janice Odesnik) and the location of the walk (Arizona), so that your contribution will be put towards my goal.)

DONATION BY CHECK:



Alternatively, if you would prefer to pay by check, it should be made payable to:

Breast Cancer 3-Day.

(Again, please state my name(Janice Odesnik) and the location of the walk (Arizona), so that your contribution will be put towards my goal.)

You may mail the check to the following address:

533 Slippery Rock Road
Weston, FL 3327

(I will submit it to the organization, together with the necessary donation voucher indicating my ID number)

Thank you in advance for your compassion and support. May your positive prayers and thoughts help Florence and your loved ones through this struggle.

With much appreciation for your support,

Janice Odesnik

Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Thank you for doing your part to help the cause!

6/18/2007 03:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>