Sunday, August 27, 2006

Portraits by a Pedophile

I just found these photos from my early adolescence. They were taken by the man who molested me on the same trip to the Outer Banks where these photos were taken. Looking back on the situation, it is not at all surprising to me that I was an easy mark. My parents were both working and had little time to supervise my comings and goings. The pedophile was a teacher in the community and therefore held authority, rising above reproach. True to form of all stories I have since heard of these kinds of men, he took photographs of his chosen boys. These were taken of me on July 3, 1970, when I was a little over 11 years old. I look back now and see the poses that he arranged and I feel sadness that I didn't know what was coming my way.


This trip is when I finally realized that something was "wrong", awakening to my first experience of passive oral sex. When I got back home, I cut off contact with the man entirely and didn't speak to him again until just before I left for University and needed a photograph taken for an application. As he was a professional photographer by then, he was the obvious choice for my parents and I could hardly speak up to say why I would protest.



He had gained my trust by providing what I wasn't getting at home: attention and intellectual stimulation. He spoke often of his girlfriend and how she had told him he needed to practice kissing. His advances toward me came in the form of "practice"...and now I know that he did, indeed, need practice. He was an awful kisser, his tongue hard and immovable in my mouth.

Gay people are not pedophiles though some pedophiles may be gay. Don't believe the stereotypes. Many gay people are victims of pedophilia.

Categories:

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul D. said...

These are really haunting, knowing what they are.

{HUGS}

Paul

8/28/2006 04:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jody Kuchar said...

Would you have wanted to know if you were not able to do anything to stop it? Imagine the terror or a child in that position.
Yes, as 'Paul' says, these are haunting images and it makes me angry that people who can do such harm to children are often the ones entrusted with them.
>O<
jody

8/31/2006 04:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>