Friday, August 18, 2006

Display Issues at 2sides2ron???

I helped a friend sort out some technical issues with setting up her new computer yesterday. When we got it all sorted out and she had achieved internet connectivity, I brought up my blog in Internet Explorer. To my horror, the text was HUGE, the sidebar had slid down to the bottom of my mainpage and it was nearly impossible to read the content due to the size of the font.

I downloaded a copy of Mozilla Firefox for her and brought up my blog again. In Firefox, the blog appeared normally, which is to say, as it always does on my home computer (whether in Firefox or IE). I suspect that there is an issue of screen resolution that may have been the problem, but I can not be sure.

If you read my blog and the text is really HUGE, could you please leave me a comment or email me and let me know. There should be two columns: one for the sidebar with all the links to various sites and another for my posts. If not, I need to hear from you.

There are few things as disconcerting as learning that the image you think you have presented to the world might not be the image that people are actually seeing. This is true for blogs as well.

Categories:

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Well, the font is much bigger than it was before you went to this layout, but the sidebar is where it should be, not down at the bottom.

I use IE, and my screen res is at 1024x768

8/18/2006 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

Thanks to you, Erin, and to Dana Huff for responding. The font size was indeed out of synch with my intent, but I think I have corrected it now. You are both good friends!

8/19/2006 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Paul D. said...

I tried it in both firefox and IE. Firefox which I normally use is fine and I get the same results as Eric for IE. With my blog's current layout IE scews up my side panel, shifting it to the bottom. I have IE version 6.0 and USE Firefox 1.5

8/20/2006 12:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>