Saturday, August 12, 2006

NC LGBTQ Film Festival--Day 2

After the wonderful experience of attending Margaret Cho's concert on Day 1 of the NC LGBTQ Film Festival at the Carolina Theatre of Durham, I followed up with three films on Friday. The first was an anthology of short dramatic films on gay male sexuality entitled "So You Want to Be a Drama Queen"". Among my favorites were "La Fidanzata" from Switzerland, "Guess Who I Saw Today" , "Mormor" from Sweden, "My Mother's Hairdo", and "A Reprobate Mind" which was filmed in Winston-Salem, NC. These films were not light-hearted, but many had light moments.

At 9 pm, I watched "Love Life", a film about a marriage of convenience and the extramarital relationships of both the husband and wife. Again, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the film and was especially pleased with the eye-candy for the gay men in the audience.

My last film on Friday was "Coffee Date". In this film, a man's brother plays a practical joke on him by setting him up on a blind date with a gay man whom he expects to be a woman. Wilson Cruz plays the gay male lead with charm and charisma, and the film is an off-beat comedy that, yet again, was quite a pleasant surprise. I recommend all three of these movies if you have the chance to see them.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>