Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Your old prescription glasses are needed

I found this heartbreaking post on the Nata Village Blog of Botswana recently and contacted Melody Jenkins of the group that publishes the blog. She and I discussed the need for prescription glasses (including sunglasses) for the elderly in her village and I decided to send out an appeal to you to donate any old prescription glasses that you might have around your home for these beautiful people.

If you have some old glasses that you can part with, please bundle them up carefully and mail them directly to the village at the following address:

Nata Village Prescription Glasses
c/o Melody Jenkins
Box 144
Nata Village, Botswana, Africa

Please pass the link to this post around so that we can help as many people as possible. I sent off 6 pairs of prescription glasses last week that were sitting in a drawer at my home for years. Melody tells me that the need is great and that it would be a kind of blessing to be inundated with glasses. She promises that they will not be wasted...Nata will share with other villages if they can not use all of the glasses that they receive.

I hope that you will join me in this effort.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>