Thursday, June 15, 2006

Losing that damn hockey game

Well, the Edmonton skaters poured oil on the floodwaters of the Carolina Hurricanes last night in a sudden-death 4-3 win at the RBC Center in Raleigh. The series stands now at 3-2 with a Carolina lead, but the Hurricanes have to travel now to Edmonton to the Oiler's home ice to try to win the Stanley Cup in game 6 of the series.

Last night's game was well-played and full of excitement. It may have been the desire to see the 'Canes win the title on home ice that brought them to a loss. Perhaps they will be motivated by this disappointment and will return from Alberta with some silver in the cargo hold of their plane. It sure seemed to that fate was on their side, with a tropical storm having passed through the neighborhood on the morning of the playoff game. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Congratulations, Roro, if you are reading...

Categories:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, brother. It's hard to want to strangle Stillman because he's done so much in the playoffs.. but I want to strangle him. It's okay.. we'll win it in Game 6

6/15/2006 09:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron - I am ALWAYS reading. Go Oilers!!

6/15/2006 09:24:00 PM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

Glad to hear it Roro...you have captured my heart and attention too. I wish you would bring your show down to sunny North Carolina, but that would mean more pants days!

Did you notice my tribute to the great Canadian Singer, Joni Mitchell? I have been a little sneaky with my posts!

6/16/2006 06:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - you ARE sneaky! I love that you're a Joni fan. I have become a huge Ron fan - I would wear pants for you any day!! And if that's not love, I don't know what is.

Also, go Oilers!

6/16/2006 04:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>