Monday, April 03, 2006

An April Sampler

Double click any image to enlarge the photo.









(Left and above: An Eastern Redbud in full bloom.)













(Left: Camellia Japonica.)






(Left: The return of Ron's bush; my double-flowering kerria, a member of the rose family, seems to be happy in its new home.)








(Left: Purple bearded irises, buds and bloom.)


(Left and below: A patch of native miniature irises. I originally found these growing along the Little River in Durham County just before the area was to be bulldozed to make a new reservoir. I rescued their ancestors and have been carrying some with me from home to home as I have moved. These seem quite happy in the shade of a large oak tree and under the mulch of its fallen leaves.)














Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger David Terrenoire said...

Hi Ron,

I saw that you stopped by The Planet. Don't be a stranger. The door is always open.

David

4/03/2006 04:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>