Saturday, March 18, 2006

Happy Birthday MOM!!!!!!!!!!!

We are celebrating my mom’s 81st birthday today and my siblings and niece will be coming over to cook dinner later. I have made guacamole and my brother is bringing over a chocolate birthday cake (no candles! Oxygen therapy and candles would lead to an explosive celebration!)

When my mom entered the hospital in December, it wasn’t clear if this would be a happy day or a very nostalgic and sad one. I am pleased to report that the sun is shining, the plants and shrubs are blooming and mom is happy. I am happy she is still here with us. AND, our Tar Heels, NC State and Boston College advanced in the NCAA tournament. So did Dook, but life can't be perfect, I guess. (hee hee)

Yesterday morning, I was helping her shower and dress and she wanted to put on eyebrow pencil and lipstick. Without telling her, I painted over my blond and usually invisible eyebrows before taking her cosmetics to her. When she looked up and saw me coming with dark, painted on eyebrows, she belly-laughed and I was pleased to give her a reason to laugh. Fortunately, I remembered later to wash my eyebrows off before I went out in public!

Categories:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope your day was wonderful!

3/19/2006 09:17:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tell your mom -Happy Birthday from Justice E. R.

3/19/2006 10:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes, tell your mom a happy belated birthday from me as well! :)

that entry made me smile. i'm glad it was a happy day.
xx

3/21/2006 06:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>