Saturday, February 05, 2005

Distance

Another blank page stares into my eyes
and my mind stumbles softly over you
while waiting for inspiration.
But, the image dies,
away into my memory,
along with a whole lifetime
vague and distant.

So I turn to the future to look for you there.
I can't even find myself.
I know I'm there. I survive.
But where are you?

Did I become one of those pleasant thoughts
that dies into your memory
along with a whole lifetime
vague and distant,
thus ending the union of our lives?

I awaken to the present long enough
to watch your image fade from view
and to reach for you,
back into a dying memory
vague and distant.

Copyright Ron Hudson, July, 1981

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>