Wednesday, September 19, 2007

La Dama de la Noche Series

Last night's flower bud has become tonight's spectacular beauty. "La Dama de la Noche" is a name attributed by a friend from the Philippines, but I know the plant as a double-flowering night-blooming cereus. Different shots with alternative exposures and finishes can be seen here as the flower opened fully.

(Click any image to enlarge it.)



































I think this sepia version is my favorite. The subject matter, the composition and the sepia tone all seem to suggest Japanese photography from the early 20th century to me.


Categories:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ron: I definitely love La Dama de Noche flower/plant. Could you tell me where can I buy such a a plant(just like the one you have on your site). I live in Houston TX My email is unpiano@yahoo.com..... Thanks in advance LR Ramos

3/10/2008 07:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>