Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Blast from the 1960s: Mrs. Miller Sings

It is time for a little levity. I have been hoping for this day for a long, long time. I finally found Mrs. Miller on Youtube and have to share her particular style and pizazz with you.

For those of you who are not aware of Mrs. Miller's stellar career, just know that she had one. Have a look at these videos of her performances of Petula Clark's "My Love", the Beatles' "Hard Day's Night", and Nancy Sinatra'a "These Boots Are Made for Walking". First, though, there is "It's Magic" from the film, The Cool Ones(95 min, color - 1967 - Warner Bros. Starring: Roddy McDowall, Debbie Watson, Gil Peterson, Mrs. Miller, Glenn Campbell Directed by: Gene Nelson).

The second of these clips is from a very talented lip-syncher, Marc Torringa, from the Netherlands. Notice how difficult it must be to keep lip-synching with no discernable tempo to follow. This guy is really good! He also appears in the last clip, performing ABBA's "Waterloo" as Mrs. Miller. The original comments on Youtube included a note from someone saying that this Dutch performer was singing in TUNE and TEMPO and that Mrs. Miller would never have done that. It is worth visiting YouTube to find that comment.













Be sure to visit the The Elva Miller Historical Society and Mrs. Miller Fanclub at Mrs.Miller'sWorld.com.

I hope I have brightened your world today. Maybe the dogs and cats will stop screeching now.

Categories:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron:

This was great! I'd never heard of Mrs. Miller until now. Thanks for turning me onto her.

And that singing voice of hers, AMAZING. I think there was a brief period where I sang like that myself--at some point when I was going through puberty.

Hope you're well!

8/15/2007 07:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh Ron, LOL! Did you open memory lane, or what? I remember her distinctly! My grandparents had one of her "albums" and I always thought it was hilarious when she sang Beatles stuff!

8/20/2007 06:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>