Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Presenting Jeannette Clariond Lozano's Los Momentos del Agua/The Movements of Water Bilingual Edition with Illustrations by Victor Ramírez

Early this year, I agreed to volunteer to improve my Spanish language skills by translating a book of poetry for Mexican poeta Jeannette Clariond Lozano with illustrations by Chilean artist Victor Ramírez. The image that you see to the left (click on it to enlarge it) is the culmination of that effort.

To thank me for my efforts, Ms. Lozano has given me 50 copies of this beautiful work of poetic and visual art for charitable purposes. I have to say that I am quite honored to have been asked to translate the texts and am proud of the results.

In a gesture of paying forward and to the cause, I have decided to offer my own version of a "Translator's Limited Edition" of this work. I will include a signed insert with my biography as translator and the story of how this translation came about, including links to the International Carnival of Pozitivities. For these limited edition copies, I will only ask that you make a donation of at least $100 to your favorite AIDS charity. With a copy of your receipt documenting your donation to charity dated after 13 August 2007, I will send you a free copy of the book. I only ask that you pay for shipping to your address from Durham, North Carolina, 27705. The book is my gift to you for your generosity to those who need help.

The book measures roughly 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches and includes 94 pages. It contains both the original Spanish texts with my translations for all of the poems included, reproductions of the Páginas del Agua A-D series and biographies of Jeannette Clariond and Victor Ramírez. The suggested retail price of the book is $65, but it will be my gift to you. Please send me an email to reserve your copy and I will provide you details on shipping costs.

Please consider making a donation to a needy group near you.

Categories:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear mrs.jeannette.I am jouhaina bayoud taysoun from lebanon, I am Amer taysouns mother who met u personaly in Madrid & u have very kindly sighned your book The Movements of Water, I happend to be looking among the books he brought back from his stay in Madrid were he met your son Juan, he talks so fondly of him, & i met him & his brother Santiago in Beirut over x-mas holidays , its an honor to have met them God bless them for u. well after reading your book ,I was so impressed & touched by every word u said, would love to know u better one day , good bless.

3/15/2009 08:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>