Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Team ScribeSpirit and Donna Kline Support AIDS

With all the preparations for fall, I have been remiss in posting some important information. I have, instead, been cleaning up houseplants and moving them back into my house before first frost. Now it is time to catch up a bit.

First, I received a phone call from Donna Kline, my friend, former co-worker and hero from the San Francisco Bay Area. She completed yet another run, this time a half-marathon, to raise money for HIV/AIDS in the SF Bay Area. Donna has previously completed the Honolulu AIDS Marathon and the Miami AIDS Marathon in my honor. With each of these accomplishments, I am humbled as she calls me to tell me that I inspire her everyday. In reality, it is Donna who inspires me. Thank you so very much for your kindness and support, my friend.

Additionally, this year, my friend Jody Kuchar of ScribeSpirit eZine has sponsored a team for the Indiana AIDS Walk. Please visit the ScribeSpirit team site and make a donation if you are able. Sadly, with all the discrimination against LGBTQ citizens, minorities and people living with AIDS, HIV and AIDS funding do not receive enough financial support to help all those living with the illness. A contribution to the Indiana AIDS Walk will help people in Indiana, the home of Ryan White, to live more fulfilling lives.

Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jody Kuchar said...

You are a stellar human being Mr. Ron! And I did not know that Ryan White was from Indiana.
The AIDS Walks and Marathons are under publicized
fund raisers. While I do not mean disrespect to the causes of cancers and leukemia, tsunamis and hurricanes, the human suffering from AIDS is almost ignored - the exception is in the LGBTQ community.
What will it take for the rest of the population to realize that it is THEIR problem as well?

10/04/2006 12:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>