Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Seeking visual artists for an AIDS fundraiser

I received the sad news today that one of the participants in the Azuela project has had to withdraw her contributions. As her work represented about 20 percent of the total illustrations, I am back to a search for people to illustrate the poems for an eventual AIDS fundraiser book on CD. The motif is intended to be of Mayan/Aztec influence, and I can provide the text for individual poems to interested parties. If you are a visual artist, would like to participate as a volunteer for an international AIDS fundraiser and can contribute your time and effort for the project, please email me with the subject line "Azuela Project".

Mexican-born and Bolivian poet Francisco Azuela gave me the rights to publish a trilingual edition with illustrations of his book "La Palabra Ardiente" (The Ardent Word), providing I could arrange for illustrations and publication. I have been working on the project for nearly 2 years now. All of the 40 poems had been illustrated, but now many of these illustrations will need to be replaced. In the meantime, I have investigated and found a suitable publisher. Obviously, this news throws a huge wrench into the works, but perserverance will pay off.

Categories:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I tell my artistic friends, and may even try my own hand at it...

Dave

8/03/2006 06:14:00 AM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

Dave, my friend, I seem to have lost your email address...if you can write back, I will be happy to send you copies of the poems that are up for grabs.

Many thanks!

Ron

8/03/2006 07:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you need those new illustrations immediatly? i´d have a go and try something - but i don´t have time right now.
let me know. :)

cheers
x paula (voelker)

8/04/2006 05:23:00 AM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

Hi Paula! Thank you so much! The earlier the better as they represent a significant portion of the concept behind the project. You can email me at ron.hudson@verizon.net and I can work with you if you want. It is very kind of you to offer your help!

Ron

8/04/2006 08:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh - the timing is really stupid though - since i´m away the next two weeks, will mail for details when i´m back if that´s not too late.

:)

8/05/2006 05:05:00 PM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

Hey Paula!

I am sure the timing will be ok. I look forward to hearing from you.

Much love.

Ron

8/09/2006 12:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>