Monday, May 15, 2006

Poor News Media Coverage

I had to find out from friends in Brazil that there are riots going on in Sao Paulo and that there have been up to 80 deaths at the hands of criminal gangs. Once I heard the news, I was able to find this news article on the BBC Newswire.

Aren't we lucky that our media and/or government protect us from all the information that might make us feel uneasy about the world at large? I personally would rather have the option to find out everything than to have someone else decide for me.

Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

I agree, I didn't know about the riots until I saw this post. It's a shame sometimes what the government hides from us and what the media reports to hide certain events, or to make us ignorant completely of what's going on.

5/15/2006 06:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>