Saturday, April 02, 2005

Hoop Dreams in RDU

I was just watching the pre-game show for the US NCAA Men's basketball championship and found myself deeply touched by a story they presented. Here in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC, we have a program called Hoop Dreams where kids with terminal illnesses can go to play basketball together and share their lives with one another.

As I watched these children talk about their need to share with one another and how they are impacted by their illnesses and treatments, I realized once again that we are all kids inside, no matter how old we are. We all need to play, to be loved and to have people with whom we share something important to us.

It was also heartwarming to see the basketball programs from Duke, NC State and UNC-Chapel Hill come together to support these kids' dreams. I love my Tar Heels, but it touched me more than can be imagined to see the cross-program teamwork that benefits these kids. Go Devils! Go Pack! Go Heels!

Please visit Hoop Dreams to learn more about their program.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>