Wednesday, March 23, 2005

To clandestine anti-gay bloggers

Come on out of your hiding place. It is hardly fair of you to hide your identity while attempting to discredit those of us who live a life differently from the mainstream.

I was born gay. I was molested by a straight man. It doesn't matter how many of us there are who are gay, it matters simply and plainly that we are gay. Just as a point of comparison, if there were only one person of color in the world, one person with a disability, or one person whose religion differs from the rest of society, that person would deserve a life with dignity and without fear of retribution for living genuinely. Consider that I am here and I am different from you. I deserve to live my life as I please.

Gay people are not a threat to you, whoever you are. They are only perceived as such and perceptions, like behavior, can be changed. You may want to contact organizations like PFLAG to find the truth about what life is like in the gay community. I suspect that whoever it is behind this kind of site has known no one who is openly gay and self-accepting.

As for being free...you can only be truly free if you live your life genuinely. I tried to be heterosexual and it didn't work for me. I think it much better for me to live as the person I truly am rather than to fake a marriage, have kids and live with internalized shame, guilt and denial for my entire life. I wouldn't ask that of myself anymore than I would ask you to fake being gay. I only ask that you be forthright and honest.

May you have safe journeys on your path, but please do not attempt to block my path for it is mine to follow, not yours.

Categories:

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

i've long suspected that people who are afraid of or passionately against homosexuality might be suppressing their own questions, longings, and explorations of their own homosexual tendencies. so often we hate in others what we refuse to accept in ourselves.

3/26/2005 07:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, Yeah!

3/27/2005 06:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>