Thursday, March 24, 2005

"We were thumbing!"


Mom with her rowdy friends.

This photo was taken in Clinton, NC, circa 1942. At the extreme right end, my mom is hiking her skirt, trying to appear to be a hitchhiker. When I asked her just what she thought she was doing, she said, "We were thumbing!" These girls were her best friends or their family members.

We have a tradition of sharing "twisted" birthday cards in my family, so this year, I made a card with this photo, and I put a caption on it that read, "What I want to know is....Who is the slut on the end? NO, the little one!" My mom got a huge kick out of it. Too huge, actually. After her neighbor dropped by to deliver a birthday gift to her, my mother showed her and her 10 year old daughter the card. I heard the young girl reading aloud and had to leave the room in embarrassment! Oh well, mom knows it was a joke, even if the neighbors do look at me a little like an ungrateful child now.

Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ron Hudson said...

Thank you very much, Stingaree! I will keep writing as long as the stories pour out of me. Take care.

3/27/2005 08:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>