Friday, February 18, 2005

"He's Got the Whole World In His Hands"

My friend Florence emailed me this morning. I am always amazed, every single time we connect, how there is some kind of synchronicity involved in our lives. This time, I opened her email and found a link to a video. On watching the video, I found that it was a commercial for Adidas where a gentleman was walking down the street and people started to climb upon his back until he had a huge mass of humanity on his shoulders. The title of the video was "He’s Got the Whole World In His Hands" and it featured a version of the song.

When I saw the title, I wrote Florence a quick email that said "Glad to see you are reading my blog!" She wrote back, "What is a blog?" At that instant, I laughed out loud at the number of times in our lives when we have experienced enormous coincidences in our lives. Apparently as I was writing my memoirs of strawberry fields and my favorite spontaneous gospel song, that same song had been sent to Florence in a video and she had forwarded it to me--another cosmic signal coming through loudly. I just don’t know what to make of these hints. All I can tell you is that they are there. "The Leap" as some would call it.

We ended up talking by phone for about 2 hours today, laughing and catching up on our lives. Florence and I have been friends since 1979-80 when we were both in school together in Montpellier, France. The night I found out my HIV status, my partner of the time was out to dinner with his mom and I couldn’t find any of my close friends locally to tell, so I called Florence in Venezuela. The conversation we had that night may well have saved my life. Since those early days, we have had many occasions to confirm that we are on the same general path, even if our directions sometimes diverge. Here's to old friends, and the mutual respect that can come from deep spiritual connection with others.

Safe journeys!

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>