Friday, December 12, 2008

Twenty-three years now...

It was 23 years ago on a gray Thursday afternoon that the phone rang and I picked it up. That call changed my life forever. It was my Infectious Disease doctor calling to tell me that she was very sorry to break the news to me that I had tested positive for HIV. I remember going into a kind of trance that was only broken when my office mate walked in and asked me what was wrong.

"You look like you have seen a ghost," he said to me.

Ha. My own.

I still see it now and then, but with all of this time, there are days when the specter of my death is vague and distant.


Categories:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! This is powerful and beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

1/30/2009 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Petites annonces said...

Excellent Post ;) merci à vous, extra

8/06/2010 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>