Saturday, July 01, 2006

First Edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities: Deadline tomorrow night at midnight EDT.

The first monthly edition of the International Carnival of Pozitivities will continue to take submissions until midnight, 2 June 2006, after which I will compile the submissions and post them here at 2sides2ron. I already have received an astounding 14 submissions, so this carnival could well have a huge impact over time and across borders.

I initiated this carnival last month because of the dearth of conversation and coverage of HIV/AIDS related issues in the media. It is my hope to garner participation from individuals who are living with or caring for people with HIV/AIDS and to find hosts who have large, mainstream audiences through which we can disseminate our stories. I might add that my definition of people who are living with HIV/AIDS includes every single soul on Earth. If you know anyone, such as myself for example, then you are living with HIV/AIDS and you have a story to tell. It may not be exciting to talk about some guy out here whose blog you read, but someone with HIV/AIDS may have touched you more deeply than I have been able to do. Your posts on how that might have happened are certainly appropriate for the subject.

A host has volunteered for the August issue, but I would welcome your email requesting to host a future edition. All editions are scheduled for the beginning of each month, with deadlines set at midnight on the 2nd and publication by midnight on the 10th of the month.

Please come back in a few days to check out the stories that have been contributed so far. I think they may be revelatory of many truths of the human condition that we don't often like to talk about. Maybe we should do. I can guarantee that the postings will be interesting to read at the very least.

Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger Matty the Damned said...

Hey Ron!

Congratulations on receiving so many submissions for the Carnival. It's a great effort on your part and I'm delighted to be involved.

I look forward to reading all of the contributions.

Take care,

MtD

7/03/2006 05:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>