Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Few Garden Shots to Lighten the Mood


(Left: Immature limes of the thornless variety. This tree is planted in a container and must be moved inside during the winter. For my British friends considering a visit, think: future G&Ts.)


Click upon any image to enlarge it.













(Left: Immature lemon and blooms on an "Improved Meyer" container plant. Think: future iced tea or cream pies.)












(Left: It is hard to ignore the crimson blooms on these lilies.)












(Left: Two varieties of clematis vines are trained upon my fence.)













(Left: An overhead view of a light pink clematis vine.)












(Left: Dicentra or Bleeding Heart in bloom.)











(Left: The cream, green and slight pink of a butterfly variety of Japanese Maple.)





Categories:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hey there. I am jealous of your garden all the way from London. So there. :)

BiBi x

5/24/2006 05:22:00 PM  
Blogger Hudster said...

At first glance that bottom plant looked very much like something else, with buds. :)

5/26/2006 07:37:00 AM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

I hear that a lot, Hud. You should see my lace-leaf green Japanese Maple. I have had neighbors get a very worried look on their faces before asking me what the plant is. :-)

5/26/2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Very nice!

Just remind me to stay away from them should I ever come visit- my black thumb could kill them all with but a single touch! :)

5/29/2006 07:34:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Hey, limes and lemons! And you've got fruit, all right! We have a lemon tree that we've been trying to kill for about 19 years that we started from a seed in a pot.

5/30/2006 01:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>