Sunday, January 29, 2006

Congratulations Donna Kline!

I received the following more or less verbatim message by phone today from Donna Kline:

“Hey Ron!

It’s Donna! I finished the [Miami AIDS] marathon with a personal best time of 6:23:30-something, I will get the official time in a few days. It is not as good as I had hoped it would be, but it is better than I have done before by a couple of minutes. I will call or email you soon.

You inspired me! I want you to know that.

Love you, bye-bye!!”

Please say a thank you (as have I) for Donna and those like her who get out and volunteer their time and effort for those of us living with HIV/AIDS. To me, these are the true sources of inspiration Anyone who can run 26+ miles in six and a half hours to raise money for the assistance of strangers and loved-ones deserves a big hug and a kiss, and all the recognition the world can heap upon them! Imagine all the training that these people, like Donna, have put into the running of this race. I am in awe!

If you would like to make a donation to support Donna's efforts or if you want to read more about how we have inspired one another, you can check out the AIDS Marathon Donation Page for Donna Kline

Thank you, Donna, my dear friend!

Categories:

2 Comments:

Blogger GT said...

That is just lovely! I'll check it out.

_nel

1/29/2006 08:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. This is really inspiring. I am participating in a diabetes bicycle ride in August(my room mate is diabetic and takes daily insulin shots). Its short- only 60 miles over a 4 hour period, and cheap...a minimum donation of $100 with a $35 donation fee.

There is an AIDS ride at about the same time that I will seriously consider participating in, at least donate to. It is long...over 300 miles in 4 days. Thats way more intense than I have ever ridden before. And its expensive, with a minimum pledge of $1200 and a $100 entry fee. But you have made this cause so important. You really put a face on this disease and have made me want to do something about it other than say, "Wow he's inspiring."

-Jonathan

1/29/2006 11:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>