Monday, October 03, 2005

Publication of José Ferreira's "13 Haïku Érotiques"

I am very pleased to announce the publication at Other Voices Poetry International of "13 Haiku Érotiques" (original title) by my friend José Ferreira, brother of my friend since college, Florence. This group of poems represents my first publication of a translation of French language poetry to English. I have been translating Spanish language poetry for a little more than a year now, but, for me, French is by far, the stronger of my two non-mother tongues.

If you read the biography for José (French name, pronounced Zhó-say), you will find a sample of his quirky humor with references to his acclaimed work in art, poetry, design and philosophy. I hope that you enjoy his work. I have offered to translate my personal favorite of his work, "Métro: Le Combat pour L’Espace" or "The Métro: Combat for Space" in which he analyzes the seating arrangements of Parisian metro cars and writes a critical and quirky review of their design, including comparisons to other subway systems in the world. The resulting publication created a review of the Metro cars in Paris by the transport agency and José was hired as a designer to develop more efficient seating patterns for passengers. He has also been a visual artist, using Canon photocopiers and movement to produce artistic images, and a renowned philosopher. His works in various fields have reached the degree of success that when he redesigned his apartment, it even made the French press...none too shabby, I have to say.

Categories:

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

You did a great job! I enjoyed reading them to my husband. I love haiku.

10/10/2005 05:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

Thanks, Laurie! I will pass the compliment back to José.

Ron

10/10/2005 08:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Ron, you did a great Job opening my text to anglophones. Got a new book on Dali and liberty coming out soon, to be enjoyed (& translated). Voilà.
José (the author)

6/12/2008 11:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>