Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Have you been a victim of credit card fraud too?

Last month, I was hit with bills from two different credit cards for the expenses of my trip to Europe. I decided to consolidate my debt by using one card to pay off the other. Today, I opened my statement for the card that I had paid off and discovered that I am one of the latest victims of credit card fraud.

There was a charge in the amount of $9.95 attributed to a company in Vancouver, British Columbia. Since I had paid off the card, I realized that this was an odd charge, although I have to admit that I couldn’t be sure that I hadn’t ordered something from them. I went online to search for references to the company to see if perhaps there would be something they offer that would have tempted me to buy online. Instead, I found a list of companies that submit fraudulent charges in the amounts of $7.95 or $9.95 and the company that had hit me up was listed among the fraudulent ones.

Here is a link to the story about the credit card fraud. With the upcoming holiday season, be sure to review your credit card statements and keep an eye out for charges that you did not incur.

Categories:

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Is the credit card company going to delete the charge for you? I sure hope so. Good luck with it.
ML~
~E

10/27/2005 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

They should, but it is being investigated. As usual, I need to follow up with a complaint in writing to preserve my rights...a good thing for us all to know.

10/28/2005 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>