Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Take a Different Route

I have about 12 hours left in Madrid. I am going to take a street I haven´t taken, find a section of town I haven´t seen. It is nice to know my way around in a part of town that now feels familiar, but if I limit myself to that area, what might be missed? My bags are sitting in the lobby of the hotel, awaiting my 10 pm departure for Lisbon.

As Mae West once said ´When faced with the choice of the lesser of two evils, try the one you haven´t tried yet´...and I would add, take the long way home.

Categories:

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Isn't it in the words of Robert Frost to take the road less traveled? Sounds like you're doing a fine job on that end.

8/02/2005 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

Could well be, Vickie....there are advantages to not having studied a lot of literature in your own language (I was learning French classics instead)...by not knowing, I know no better than to say it again in my own way.

8/03/2005 09:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>