Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Lisbon



















First impressions of Lisbon...the city is more difficult to navigate by foot than was Madrid, and it his hot again. I finally found my way down to the Baixa area and will go have a look at the Tagus after finishing up here.

The cabbie tried to do the old "scare the crap out of the tourist" trick by driving wrecklessly from the train station to my hotel. It did not work this time....perhaps I am just learning the tricks of the trade.

Arrriving at my hotel, I collapsed for several hours, then took a nice hot shower. It was a great pleasure to learn that there is a kind of sitz-bath in my shower stall, so I did my laundry à la Lucy in the grape-stomping episode. I left the hotel a couple of hours ago with my undies and socks strewn over every door and door handle in the place. I hope that the maid does not duck in for a check of the premises.

As I sit here typing, I can hear the strains of a fado coming from the street. It sounds as if it could be Misía. but I believe it is only a recording being played for the tourists on the street.

Time to get back into the sun and to find the Tagus River....

Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

what a visual! ha!

8/04/2005 07:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>