Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blogger Upgrade, Unmoderated Comments and Email Distribution List Errors

It seemed to me for a while that no one was reading my blog. Yesterday, I logged in to blogger to make a small correction in a URL that was not working and to my horror, found that an upgrade to the new blogger was launched without my consent. As I waited to see if my blogs and all of my computer files would disappear, it soon became apparent that I had been having other problems that had not come to my attention.

When the upgrade to blogger was complete, I found that all was well with my blogs. In fact , I learned that there had been 34 comments made on my blogs since November that had not been moderated. In fact, I had no notice that these comments had been posted and I could not have moderated them without specifically going to the moderation page to read through them. It was a relief to learn that there are people out there who are reading and commenting, even if I was missing their feedback. I have to say, though, that I did not post all of them. If you decide to leave me a small dissertation on religion, Mike Nifong and the apparent racism of the good ole boys in Durham when I have specifically avoided writing about that debacle, you can rest assured that I will delete the pages and pages of rambling prose that you might leave. It isn't that I am not interested in sharing opinions, it is just that I prefer that those opinions have at least one iota of relationship to what I have written in my blog.

Once I got through the comment issue, I found that my distribution list for the International Carnival of Pozitivities was not working either. Apparently, Verizon and MSN have a compatibility issue that requires you to split up any mailing list into lists of no more than 40 or so people, even though Verizon's documentation says that 100 person mailing lists are acceptable. The annoyance with this issue is that there were no errors generated to tell me that the emails I have been sending out to announce latest issues of the ICP have been going into cyberlimbo. It would seem, now, that I have sorted that issue out too, despite the lack of help of two different technicians in India's Verizon call center who kept me on the phone for about two hours yesterday.

So, please visit the The International Carnival of Pozitivities (ICP) Homepage to access the 7th and 8th editions of the ICP. There are many posts from around the world that shed light on the current state of HIV/AIDS.

Now, onward and upwards. Let us hope it all holds together!

Categories:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/18/2008 04:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blogger upgrade unmoderated comments all the best.

8/27/2008 04:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>