Saturday, February 18, 2006

Big Hair Days


I have been staying at my mom’s home for the past two months while she has been in the hospital or at home recuperating from atrial fibrillation and congestive heart failure. My siblings, Mom and I agreed this week that I could return home and give Mom a chance to try living on her own again. Before I left, I had to rip apart her shower and make it handicap-accessible by installing grab bars, but I was able to do so without too much effort and not too many blisters on my palms. Some screws are really difficult to force into wooden braces, but soaping up the screw before starting helps out a bit. When I left, Mom was feeling confident that she could do most of her activities without help and the small number of things that she is unable to do can be done by my brother who lives five minutes away or by my sister who lives half an hour away.

While helping mom find important papers in her filing cabinet (a basket containing anything that she might have haphazardly placed there), I found the photo that you see. I knew I used to have big hair, but I had not been reminded just how big it was in quite some time. As a result, I felt that I needed to liberate this photo for a date with a nice box of matches someday soon. Mom protested, but she can’t move as quickly as I can now, so I have snatched this picture from her. There are others that are worse, I know. I will find them one day, but you may never see them.

Categories:

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Man, the things from our past that come back to haunt us eh? My mother has one of me in the most horrible pants EVER, I think she keeps it locked in a secret safe somewhere...

Anyway, good to hear that your mom is doing better and that life can begin to re-settle.

*hug*
~E

2/19/2006 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Ron Hudson said...

Thanks, Erin....it is nice to have a compassionate voice in the mix! LOL I have some of the same pants, no doubt and they too will one day show up too. So far I have been compared to:

The Manson Family,
The Jackson Five,
Starsky and Hutch (Huggy Bear)
Someone dancing to James Brown's "Get Up"
and

Chris Martin of Coldplay! LOL

Happy Sunday! It is good to hear from you!

Ron

2/19/2006 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger GT said...

Go the fro!

-Nel x

2/20/2006 07:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>