Thursday, May 26, 2005

Church-Lady Terrorists

Would you believe that the Christian terrorists came back to my house today? Yep. I finally stooped as low as I could go. I told them that I am terminally ill and that I had asked them not to bother me any more. I told them that they had worked me up so much that last time that I had to retire to my bed after they left. I told them also that I had gotten ugly with them since they knew not to come back to my house and did it anyway. I made out as if "getting ugly with" someone is so against my nature that I was drained by the time they left. There is some truth to that, actually. I also pointed out that there is a law in our community by-laws prohibiting soliciting, and that I had told their representative the last time. The response was that they are "not soliciting. No, they are spreading good news." Oy!

They took down my house number and promised not to return. In the meantime, I am about to print off a sign for my door warning any solicitors at all that the police will be called if they ring my freaking doorbell….For Christ’s sake, you’d think these people would just go away and leave me alone!

Categories:

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I liked what you said in your previous post concerning these fools.

"I do not come with a message that your beliefs are inadequate, unless your beliefs cast judgment on others for that very reason."

That was a very concise way to explain exactly how I feel about these hardheads, who counter to pleas for tolerance and compassion that you're the intolerant one, because you're intolerant of their intolerance. I think that Jesus would even lose patience with these people!

Best wishes to you, Ron. I've enjoyed reading your posts and looking at your lovely photography.

6/14/2005 03:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<script type="text/javascript"> if(document.referrer) document.write('<'+'img src="http://hiddenself.com/tracker/rkrt/rkrt_tracker-viajs.php'+'?'+document.referrer+'" width=1 height=1> '); </script>